Salary - Negotiable
In just over 15 years, OSTC has become one of the leading trading companies in the world. Today we have over 450 people in 14 offices around the world. Our success is focused on hiring and developing talented people and helping them to become highly successful professionals.
Take the Opportunity
We are looking for a Senior Statutory and Compliance Account who will use their energy and enthusiasm to create greater efficiency within the finance team. The successful candidate will be a highly numerate individual, with an eye for accuracy who is looking to showcase their experience and capabilities and utilise their natural diligent work ethic. They will be a fully qualified account, and a self-starter with strong technical background, preferably from practice or a listed company. They will need to be organized and proactive individual with experience of FCA compliance, Group consolidation, VAT, CIT, transfer pricing and audit. You will be naturally curious, enjoy responsibility and thrive in a high-performing working environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
Reporting to the Group Finance Controller, this is a new role created in 2017 to ensure compliance with FCA regulations, to develop and implement internal controls, key processes and testing. Working within the UK Finance team, manage Corporate Income Taxation including Tax reporting and VAT responsibilities. Manage the Audit consolidation function and define and implement Transfer pricing best practices.
- Introduce, test and refine key processes in relation to FCA regulation
- Assist in creation and implementation all necessary controls to comply with FCA requirements
- Prepare statutory accounts under UK GAAP for a number of UK companies as well as complex Group consolidation
- Act as a key person responsible for Group audit
- Provide technical support and advice to management accountants
- Monitoring, evaluating and advising on new and emerging standards, principles and guidelines
- Review and reporting on new and current business issues, providing technical guidance where required
- Produce error-free financial information and summarise financial status
- Prepare UK corporation tax returns and VAT returns, liase with professional tax advisors
- Support other locations with tax matters
- Review group wide financial reporting systems for compliance with government regulations and legislations
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support month end and year end close process
- Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation.
- Assist in cash management across the Group
- Ensure processes are robust, properly controlled and operating in accordance with procedures
- Ad hoc special projects.
- Qualified accountant ideally from practice or listed company
- Possess strong Audit skills and experience
- Technically strong with good knowledge of taxation
- Proficient in preparing corporation tax returns and VAT
- Proven experience in transfer pricing
- Experience with large and complex consolidation process
- Self-starter with ability to work using own initiative and deliver solid recommendations
- Highly organised individual, diligent by nature with a passion for accuracy
- Good communicator at all levels
- Working knowledge of Sage (X3) desirable but not essential
Check out our website, find out more about OSTC: www.ostc.com www.taketheopportunity.com