Take the Opportunity
We are looking for an enthusiastic Financial Accountant who will create greater efficiency within the rapidly growing finance team. The ideal candidate will be a technically strong qualified accountant with previous consolidation experience, preferably from practice or a listed company.
The successful candidate will be a highly numerate individual, with an eye for accuracy who is looking to showcase their capabilities and utilise their natural diligent work ethic.
The role is ideally suited to someone who thrives working in a small environment, likes complexity, challenge and to be hands on. This is an opportunity to be a part of an exciting growth story.
Join a leading trading company
In just over 15 years, OSTC has become one of the leading trading companies globally. Today we have over 450 people in 14 offices around the world. Our success is focused on hiring and developing talented people and helping them to become highly successful professionals.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller, this is a new role created in 2017 to ensure compliance with FCA regulations to develop and implement internal controls, key processes and testing. Working within the UK Finance team the successful candidate will be an organised self-starter with extensive experience in consolidation and/or corporation tax. They will manage tax reporting, initially in conjunction with external auditors but with a view to taking ownership of this function. They will also be responsible for the Audit consolidation function, and defining and implementing Transfer pricing best practices.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Introduce, test and refine key processes in relation to FCA regulation
- Assist in creation and implementation all necessary controls to comply with FCA requirements
- Prepare statutory accounts under UK GAAP for a number of UK companies as well as complex Group consolidation
- Act as a key person responsible for Group audit
- Provide technical support and advice to management accountants
- Monitoring, evaluating and advising on new and emerging standards, principles and guidelines
- Review and reporting on new and current business issues, providing technical guidance where required
- Produce error-free financial information and summarise financial status
- Prepare UK corporation tax returns and VAT returns, liaise with professional tax advisors
- Support other locations with tax matters
- Review group wide financial reporting systems for compliance with government regulations and legislations
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Support month end and year end close process
- Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of transfer pricing documentation.
- Assist in cash management across the Group
Qualifications and Skills
- Qualified accountant ideally from practice or listed company
- Proficient in preparing corporation tax returns and VAT
- Possess strong Audit skills and experience
- Technically strong with good knowledge of taxation
- Proven experience in transfer pricing
- Experience with large and complex consolidation process
- Highly competent using Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Reliable and able to deliver solid recommendations
- Highly organised individual, diligent by nature with a passion for accuracy
- Strong communication skills with a natural ability to build and cultivate relationships
- Working knowledge of Sage (X3) desirable but not essential
- Natural curiosity and thrive in positions of responsibility