OSTC is a major global financial market player, with a strong team of professional Traders. We currently have 13 offices in some of the world´s key cities. Each trading room is equipped with state-of-the-art hardware and specialist software, providing our traders constant connectivity to the largest global derivatives exchange, including NYSE Euronext Liffe, CME, Eurex and ICE.
The IT Service Desk Specialist will perform a variety of assignments associated with assisting traders and supporting all back-office employees with day-to-day IT related issues. The IT Service Desk Specialist will also be responsible for creating a positive image of IT and cooperating closely with business groups in other offices.
Salary: £21,000 - £23,000 depending on experience
Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain accurate inventory records of IT assets.
- Log incidents / requests from internal customers, asses their priority by business impact and categorise them based on area of impact.
- Provide IT advice and support to internal customers.
- Perform typical support duties such as setup computers, run cables and install software.
- Perform typical IT administration duties such as reset user passwords and map drives.
- Take ownership of incidents / requests to ensure they are completed fully and in a timely manner.
- React with suitable priority to incidents that significantly impact core business activities.
- Investigate technical issues and propose solutions.
- Liaise with external service providers and other 3rd parties.
- Arrange for the purchase of approved goods and services.
- Play an active role in team projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous proven experience in a ServiceDesk or similar IT user support role.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and configuring Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office applications.
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting and configuring IT hardware. (Setting up of PC’s, projectors, basic network interconnections, etc.)
The below points are not requirements but may be of advantage if demonstrable at interview:
- Industry certifications such as A+, ITIL, MCDST, etc.
- Proven ability to provide exceptional IT services to internal Customers.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications covering versions 2007 – 2016.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems covering versions XP – 10.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Microsoft Office 365.
- Knowledge and familiarity of Helpdesk / ticket logging systems (particularly Samanage)
- Several years’ experience supporting remote users in a multicultural environment.
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to tight deadlines in line with SLA’s
- Experience providing support to Mac computer, Android and iPhone users.
- Experience setting up complex workstations (3+ graphics cards, 10+ monitors).
- Knowledge and familiarity with a Microsoft domain environment.
- Experience of providing IT support in a financial services or financial market trading organisation.
- Experience of providing IT to more than 500 users across the globe.
This is a continually developing role in a fast-paced, IT focussed environment supported by a strong team of helpful, friendly, experienced IT professionals offering opportunities for both personal and professional development. Challenging and rewarding in equal measure!